Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How Time Flies



Yes, it's been awhile. I was waiting until something interesting happened to me so I could write about it but based on past experience I'd be waiting a pretty damn long time. I know you're busy people and don't have time to waste checking here every 15 minutes to see if anything new has been posted, only to be disappointed, start crying, regain your composure, gather enough spiritual strength to check again and again be disappointed. It's a bitter circle. Bearing that in mind, and because a friend at work suggested it, I've added a mailing list to the page. You can sign up to the list and all new postings will be sent directly to your mailbox. It will certainly kill the traffic on this site but since AdSense has rejected me there's no money to be made anyway. The link is on the right side of the page, or if you like to read upside-down, the left side of the page.

I went to my photography class a couple of days ago. This is an excellent class, very informative, but I know that the more I'm exposed to some of these people, the more they are going to irk me. Artsy, for example, who looks like a chubby Peter Sellers, erased all of the pictures on her camera accidentally. I guess her finger slipped and hit all 5 commands in the proper sequence in order to manage this. Now if it happened to me, I would have tried to hide the fact that I was a complete ass-clown and carried on, she however; gasped, clapped her hands to her mouth, shook her head and then stared straight ahead, mouth agape in a look of utter shock and terror. Finally the teacher took notice and asked her what was wrong. When she told him he replied, "why were you playing with your camera when I was talking. That's your own fault." I love this man.




The class has a wide range of ages and knowledge levels. There is one couple who I'd put at around 90 years old who know a lot about images but nothing about computers or digital photography. I thought perhaps it would be better if they stuck with their cave drawings.

Only one person brought in prints to show the class. The photos were amazing. Really incredible images and a good variety of styles from grungy black and white to intense nature photos bursting with colour. He probably should have brought his stuff in during the last week because he set the bar pretty high. I thought maybe we start with some photos of my Dad passed out on the couch or Snake dressed up as a crossing guard for Halloween. A black and white shot of a little girl looking pensive amidst a cornfield that represents our need to listen to our children and eat more vegetables is really more of a last class kind of shot.

No comments: