Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Biggest Loser Update

We will soon be at the end of the Biggest Loser challenge. April 16th is the official end date, it was supposed to be April 14th but due to an issue with the scales (possible tampering with the load cell) and one of the contestants being disqualified for inhaling helium in an effort to increase his buoyancy the date has been pushed out.

How is it going you ask? Not too bad. At the start of this thing my plan was to walk to and from work (about 35 minutes each way) and eat healthier (cut out sweets, eat more vegetables, no more deep fried Mars bars for breakfast). I've been able to maintain both of those. There have only been two times since January 14th when I did not walk home from work and in both cases it was because I had to transport something heavy (they'll get their photocopier and fax machine back when I'm done with them). I've brought my lunch to work everyday and only ordered food for dinner once. The weekends are tough but I have made healthier choices when at restaurants. I no longer order my customary glass of corn syrup with my meals. I've also realized that butter is meant as a spread and not as an appetizer.

That's great but, how much have I actually lost? I can't divulge that information at this time for fear of giving my worthy opponents information that would somehow be used against me. I will give you a visual clue though. Please find below two pictures. The top one taken at the start of the contest and the bottom one taken today (just after I finished pulling a truck up hill using a rope tied around my waist).

Jan 14th, 2008
I like wearing blue because it has a slimming effect on me.


April 1st, 2008
Feeling good but I still need to work on those love handles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard thru the grapevine that you won the contest! Congrats!!