Monday, April 21, 2008

I Am The Biggest Loser

I wanted to update everyone on the Biggest Loser contest. I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won, I won.

Sorry, my emotions got the better of me. I lost a whopping 14% of my starting weight (I was going to say “body weight” but then thought, what other kind of weight is there? I’m pretty sure my head was included in the weighing). 14% is an impressive number when talking about weight loss. Not so impressive when it’s the final mark on a physics exam. Incidentally copper wire, contrary to popular belief is an excellent conductor of electricity, may my lab partner rest in peace.

The person who came in second place lost a remarkable 9% of his starting weight. Our agreement was that only the top two percentages would become public knowledge. The others in the contest will have their information declassified 50 years after the last one of us is dead. Yes, it’s that top secret.

An Unrelated Note
Thank you to all of those who have already pledged me for
for the Relay for Life. For those who haven't - good news - it's not too late. The Relay is on June 20th so get your pledge in while you can. Pledges can be made by going to my Relay for Life page (see links on the right side of the page) and clicking Pledge Me. If you don't want to pledge online and live in the GTA I will come to you. You simply have to give me directions to your dwelling, a copy of the key, instructions on where you keep your chequebook, a clean, legible copy of your signature suitable for forging and I'll take care of the rest.

My goal is $1000.00 and I've raised $565.00 thus far. Won't you be the person to donate $436.00 to put me over the edge or $10.00 to get me closer to the edge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.