Saturday, June 6, 2009

. . . and another thing that chafes my ass

I saw the movie Up last night. Fabulous movie, highly recommended. The thing that gets me is why every ignorant, gum chomping, ditzy teenager who can't live four minutes without their cell phone in case they miss an idiotic message from another ignorant, gum chomping, ditzy teenager saying "Jeremy told Chad to tell his sister that he might like you if you think that maybe you like him" feels the need to put their feet on the seat on front of them. This isn't your damn living room. I don't even know why this is considered comfortable. Rarely do I sit at home with my legs sticking up at a 45 degree angle and resting on the back of a thin piece of fabric covered plastic digging into my calves. Yesterday I saw a 250 pound woman with her painted hoof draped over the back of a chair. I have no idea how she managed to wedge herself into that position but she needed the jaws of life to get out.

Back to the movie - it was in 3D, which for some reason freaked Monkey out. Just as I was about to buy tickets she said "wait, it's in 3D". To which I replied "so what". "I don't know, I don't know if I agree with that. I don't want to wear the glasses. This should have been disclosed up front . . ." While she was babbling, I purchased the tickets. We went to our theatre, grabbed our glasses and found seats. The glasses are made out of plastic now, not the crappy paper kind that they used to give out and they fit reasonably well despite my horribly misshapen head (see last entry). The 3D effect is much better than the last 3D movie I saw which was Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn (1983). A review on IMDB writes that it " . . . is one of the worst crimes ever committed to celluloid" - I wouldn't rate it as highly.

No comments: