Saturday, September 2, 2017

Cross Canada (sort of) - Sault Ste Marie

Let's set the scene. I, along with my travelling partner Archie (not her real name) will take the next two weeks or so to drive to Jasper, Alberta and camp for three days before I, sans Archie, drive back to Toronto. Who cares you say. Lots of people have done that and have done it better than you could ever dream of doing it. First of all, what's with the attitude, I thought we were having a fun chat here. Second, go read their blog then.

Our first stop along the way was Sudbury to see the Big Nickel. It was big, it was shiny, it cost six freaking dollars just to park in the lot. Another $21.00 to do the tour of the mine. At that rate, it's going to cost $120.00 to park and see the giant Loonie.

I've noticed one thing during the drive so far. 98% of roadside signs are advertisements for roadside signs. The other 2% are either "Jesus Says Don't Text and Drive" or somebody named Sandy's Gift, Jewellery and Fudge Emporium.

My favourite thing that I've seen is a guy with a table covered in knives and a hand scrawled sign that read KNIVES. This guy looked like he just scrambled out of the woods after a 10 hour battle royale, grabbed the clothes off a scarecrow and set up shop. The sign may as well have read MURDER.

No comments: